We are cautiously opening up trips for the 2021 season. While safety is our number one concern, we are also aware that the communities we work in rely very heavily on tourism. They have all been very hard hit by the COVID lockdowns of the past year, and we want to be able to support them through this hard time. We are in touch often with our partners in each location that we work in and will be making sure that every precaution is taken to keep our trip participants, our guides and community partners safe.
Here are some questions we have been getting about trips:
Will COVID vaccines be required in order to participate in a trip?
- While they are not required, we are strongly encouraging participants to get a COVID vaccine before traveling. Many of the countries we work in will LIKELY have either mandatory quarantines OR COVID vaccine requirements. We will update this page and each trip page with those requirements as they evolve over the year.
What is my trip gets cancelled?
- If your trip gets cancelled due to COVID restrictions, your deposit can be applied to a future trip. Please understand that World Ride is working to support the communities that we work in and your deposit money will be immediately sent to our community partners to hold the trip dates. If the trip gets cancelled or postponed, your deposit can then be applied to another World Ride trip. Thanks for helping us support these hard hit communities!
What is the minimum number of people to make sure a trip runs?
- For most trips, the minimum number of people is 4. We work with our partners to keep costs low for you and this is one way that we do it. If your trip does not meet the minimum, there may be an option to pay an additional cost to make the trip happen. We will get in touch with you at least 30 days out from the trip dates to discuss this option with you.
Do you have any information specific to each country?
- Yes, we will update information here as we have it.
- Guatemala- info updated on 4/30/21
- Peru: A negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure is required to travel to Peru. As for other information about whether to travel to Peru, our recent conversations with locals was "we know how to protect ourselves by now. And, yes. Please come." People in Peru are struggling enormously right now, which is why World Ride is helping to safely support the local economy there with our trips.